Monday, September 01, 2008

OCPT - Next Stop Laguna Beach

The OCPT (Orange County Poker Tour) has really been putting together some fun events. The next tournament is scheduled for this coming Saturday night. Below is a little cut-out from the invite:

This event will be the standard $20+ Rebuy structure, except there will be a mandatory double buy-in for $40 to start...This is expected to be one of the largest OCPT special events ever, with the largest prize pool to date, so don’t miss it.

This will be a sat. game. there is a pool and kitchen so everyone is welcome to bring swim trunks. if the event goes past 10pm we will have to move to my house which has ample room for a final table plus I would think that cards in the air at 4pm would work for this schedule. I will also bring the grill down to the pool for anyone one who wants to bring something. I will provide sodas and light snacks. alcohol is not a problem but I would like to keep any ruckus to a minimum. this will be a BYOB and BYOM that's bring your own meat to grill I will bring down condiments


I've played with the host for the game above and his lovely wife at a new home cash game that has been running in Huntington Beach. He is a tough competitor and usually makes out nicely at these games. I have been holding my own making a profit for the last 3 games at $80, $10, and $37. Not a lot mind you, but this is a $40 buy-in with a enjoyable crowd. One of the guys at the game is training to be a bartender, so I've been letting him practice on me...hehe

Home games are the best!

No comments: