Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Party is Over

I won't miss most of the online sites that have cut the cord on us americans. And I definintely will not miss Firepay, but PARTY POKER! I have a fondness for firsts. And Party was always my true love online. My favorite avatar in the yellow dress. My buddy list is forever lost! People that I would just hang out with once in a while when I saw they were playing. How will I find them again? Will they be playing? If so, where? And my favorite FISH! Yes, I actually had a few of those on my list that were really tasty. Ahhh...I will miss Party.

But where one love ends, another is there to take its place. And sometimes the new love is better than you expected. My new online love of choice is Full Tilt. I'm not new to Full Tilt, but this site has done so much to build our relationship. They have shown loyalty. They have provided quality customer service. They have introduced me to new thrills like RAZZ.

I appreciate the communications they have sent via email regarding their plans to stay and provide us Americans with a safe and entertaining place to play this game we love...ONLINE POKER!

Recently, I haven't been playing much online, but if you want a little read on my activity go check out this site.

Aside from that, I still have been enjoying HighPlains home game. It is one of the highlights of my week. Last Sunday was the championship game. I started out with a bang. Got a gift from one of the players and chipped up early. Then played the style of game I love...AGGRESSION BABY! One of the players started calling me "the NUTs". A few commented that I was a "Bully"...yes...I was loving it! Made the final table with the largest stack. I was sitting pretty. And looking pretty good too. Whenever someone said I was doomed to make the money, I would say, "I still have stupidity potential". Why did I have to go there? I started calling off a few hands that I should have been able to release. Lost a few races. And ended up having to work to hang on. In the end, I was UTG+2 with AQo. The player UTG raises, next player calls, so what do I do? Push of course...haha. So I busted out 2 away from the money which paid $175 for 4th and almost $500 for first.

The Thursday before, I played his HORSE cash game and lost about $15. But I so did not care. I was feeeling good when one of the guys opened up a bottle of 1800 and gave me a couple of shots. Good times!

Yes, the Party is over, and I will miss it. But as with other loves, we move on and discover new loves. Ones that will appreciate us, treat us well, and love us back!

6 comments:

Gnome said...

Absolutely! Bye Party, hello Full Tilt.

on_thg said...

Wait a minute, you used the words "thrills" and "Razz" in the same sentence?!

slb159 said...

Why can't you ever get my link right!

SirFWALGMan said...

It was fun while it lasted.. 3$ tourneys were the best.. heh.

High Plains Drifter said...

There's always next season! (damn, I sound like a Cubs fan.)

Anonymous said...

Full Tilt will treat you right. Party was for suckers anyways... ;)