Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Life is Like Poker

I really enjoyed the recent article in the July Card Player magazine where Justin Marchand interviews the man himself, Doyle Brunson. Here is a little excerpt:

Life is like poker. You don't get the hand that you want dealt to you all the time, and you just have to play the hand that you are dealt and play it to the best of your abilities. That's what I tried to do then and what I try to do now. When you get some tough hands to play, you just do it the best you can.


So true...

If you haven't heard the news already, there is a new poker book available written by one of our community of bloggers, Mr. Doubleas. There have been many times when I tried to entice Doubleas into taking a break and having some fun with the blogger crowd. But most times, he stayed focused and was determined to complete this book. Now that he is finished, not only can we benefit from his efforts and expert advise, but we can enjoy his company on the virtual felt. Go check his blog for a link to order your own copy.

Only a few days till Vegas...woo hoo!

1 comment:

Riverrun said...

I guess our heads up match will have to wait till after Vegas!

I can't wait to get my link up on you site. 0 - 3 will look great, or maybe we can play best out of 9, that way when I get to (2 - 7) I can quit. :)