Wednesday, September 13, 2006

No Time for Poker

Things that are preventing me spending leisure time at the online poker tables…

1) On the weekdays when I have the kids, my daily commute has increased by about 1 hour making the total time that I spend on the road almost 4 hours on those days.
2) Then there are those EXTRA trips that needed to be made because something has been forgotten at my place.
3) Preparing to get the kids to school. Shopping for clothes, supplies, etc.
4) STILL unpacking…it is endless… At the end of the move, I had to just throw things in bags to deal with later. So I continue to sort, organize, and put away.
5) New things to do…laundry, housekeeping, meals…Yes, there were some perks to having the in-laws live with us. If my apartment were in better shape I could hire someone for cleaning. That is on my list once things are in order. I’ve also given much consideration to paying for my laundry to be cleaned. There is no washer/dryer in my apartment, so I used the community facility to do laundry for the first time this weekend. Nine loads!!!!!!! I was procrastinating. And for good reason. It was a horrid experience…uuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. I think I am gonna hate this most. The thought of washing my clothes in a shared facility is already a turn-off, but having people in/out seeing my undergarments…not appealing….
6) Shopping for household supplies…it seems I needed lots of things that I didn’t get in the split of stuff. Daily silverware, iron, ironing board, laundry basket, lamps, light bulbs, hamper, brooms, mops, trash can…etc.
7) Family functions like Mom’s birthday party last Saturday night. She had about 70 people. I did have a nice time singing and relaxing.
8) Going to church. Although I missed this last weekend. I’ve been going more regularly again. I’m sure I need it!
9) Trying to help my kids adjust with the changes. They finally did start pressing for more answers as to why we are getting a divorce. And want me to go back with their Dad. Not easy...but I’m listening and doing my best…

The good news is that I have been making time to join High Plain’s weekly Sunday night tournament. Last week was RAZZ. I didn’t money. But I did really enjoyed the company as always. Again, how can I go wrong being the only woman with a bunch of young, smart, good-looking, and fun guys? And it makes for a nice ending to my full weekly schedule. This week HP got pretty blitzed. He is always friendly and fun to hang out with. But I must say that he is much more entertaining when under the influence!!! I even got a friendly back massage…woo hoo!! It was no big deal, but these days just a touch from a guy is a little exciting.

My phone has become my lifeline. If it were not for my friends who keep me company via phone during my many travels, I’m sure I would be going crazy. But I’m sooo screwed over the next few days, cause I’m at my limit for peak time minutes…oh noooooooooooooo!

I have treated myself to a few things….

1) A new digital camera…yes, WeakPlayer, I’m thinking of you…and baking cookies…I actually could not dream of attending the upcoming BASH without a digital camera. I made the mistake of going to Del Mar without one and I so regretted that.
2) Keith Urban CD’s…one thing I’m really enjoying is being about to listen to music at home. Previously, my home life only allowed for the constant noise of the TV. I love music. Singing, listening, and dancing. All of it. And yes, my favorite is Country Music. Keith is awesome…hmmmmmmm…If a guy sang his songs to me, he would own my heart.
3) A body pillow...I LIKE!!

I made some updates to my top ten list. There is one blogger who should have been on this list all along. I know...I'm a little slow sometimes..but I must say that his postings are terrific. He does a fabulous job of providing us with a real feel for poker events. But what really turned me on was the photos at the WSOP. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I love pictures. Thanks Pauly for getting GREAT poker action shots. For explaining the moment. For taking pictures of GUY players. Not just more useless pictures of hotties with barely any clothing. I'm a fan!!!

I also included the new blogging maniac Slb159. And to think we to push him to start the damn thing!

One day I will have time again to do these things….

1) Entice Duggle to sweat me into going deep on a final table again
2) Team up with Steve to easily slide into a token on Full Tilt
3) Skype with the clever chatty Iggy
4) Lick my lips as I unleash my poison to finish off the Luckbox in our HU match
5) Engage in uninhibited smack talk with the mighty HighonPoker
6) Hunt down the Hoy till he cries "I surrender" in one of the MATH events
7) Torment and Tilt Waffles at a cash game in 15 minutes or less
8) Play SNG’s with Gordo as he sings his "Somebody rivered me again" tune
9) Pound down a few dial-a-shot’s with Al
10) Smooth talk Surflexus into serenading me with his deep and wonderful voice
11) Join Kat in flirting with Garth till he passes out
12) Tease Tripjax about how he tortures me with all his sexy girly photos
13) Watch Wes Whip some royal butt in a Deep Stack MTT
14) Get Soxlover all worked up by sucking out with a hand he can't fathom
15) Drool over Mr. Dreamy after he invites me to a ring game and takes all my $
15) Kick some new blogger’s fine ass in HU so I retain my Poisonous image

Until then, know that I’m okay and thinking of you all……….

By the way, this month marks my one year anniversary of blogging...Thanks for stopping by my site.....

12 comments:

TenMile said...

It's been quite a year for you.

Happy Birthday, Poison's Blog.

Dave said...

Hang in there! Live is hectic now but should settle down a bit. And happy blogging anniversary!

Perhaps sometime I can join you in a HU challenge and join the ranks of those who've been "poison'ed"!

Meek said...

Hey YoSoy, I should lookyou up on IM before Sunday for Razz tourney advice, I'm planning on playing the WCOOP Event #1, Razz. I won a satellite to the $215 event for heads up NL, but cashed it out (I know, this is the wrong blog to mention cashing out of that, but I don't like match play tournaments)

Also, you have me listed as 'Bloggers who have not played me HU yet' which is incorrect possibly in two spots - I haven't blogged since May, and we did play once, with voice chat. I won't remind you who won though.

slb159 said...

Happy Birthday Poker Poison.
Happy to have made your list (how can I be above Mr. Speaker?)
Oh well, not gonna complain. Glad you like my blog.
Thanks.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks all for the comments!

Hey Meek...wow..I totally don't have you on my chart or anything. Thanks for calling that out. I will make sure to get everything fixed later.

As for Razz, I'm certainly no expert and limit games in general are not my forte. That being said, my suggestions for Razz are as follows. First, some good advise that I actually received from Waffles, make sure to start with 3 cards of 8 or less. I do make some exception to that if, 1)I am in late position, 2)have at least 2 cards under 7, 3)have a low card showing, and 4) pot is unraised when it is my turn to bet. Then I usually complete preflop and see if people drop.

If I'm in the hand, I will always bet and/or raise if I have the best hand. Make them pay for their draws.

Good luck!

ScottMcM said...

Shit woman come to Austin and you can drool 5 nights a week

Pokerwolf said...

When you get settled in, I'll take you on, Poison! Bring it! =)

Happy anniversary and I'll see you at the Bash!

Unknown said...

I believe we're getting in around the same time, let me know if its true and I'll sport for the first round.

Congrats on a year of blogging!

Jordan said...

Happy Blogoversary! Oh, and bring the smack talk...I'm waiting...

Jordan said...

By the way, the little Razz advice you gave in your response to Meek is perhaps the best poker strategy advice you ever gave on this site. You should make a post out of it, especially in regards to your exception to the 3-under-8 rule.

Unknown said...

16) Play Pokerpeaker heads up.


I'm on Party Poker now. So if you want to get it on, let's do it!!!

That way you can finally link me.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Scott...yeah..sure..what will the wife say to that one?..lol

Wolf...Looking forward to meeting ya too..

Drizz..weeeee!

High..Thanks..me give good poker tips..lol..who knew

PokerPeaker..Sounds good!