Friday, September 01, 2006

On My Own...

It's still hard to believe...but I'm finally in my own place...

My girls loved their room. It was sooo worth it. They have already made a dozen signs with comments such as "Rebecca and Julia's room Stay Out","Knock or
Die", "The force is strong RIP"..(not sure what that is about)..

I HATE MOVING!!!!!!!!!! It feels like I will never finish. I would have gladly hired help if it was as simple as saying, "Pack it all". But it is not so simple. Everything has to be separated, tossed, and then finally packed. The nice thing is that EM just told me to take whatever I wanted. The bad thing is that I can't fit everything I want into this apartment.

Today I tried to setup my cable connection. After waiting for about 10 minutes on hold, my cell phone battery died. Later I tried again and finally got someone after about 15 minutes, sooooo freaking ridiculous. It turns out I was doing the right things, but the cable is not working right. They will send someone in a week. Thank goodness for my Verizon connection.

I owe Al a big thanks for a dial-a-shot tonight. It did help me to relax and unwind a bit after a few days of hard work. My legs, butt, and arms have been sore. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I have lost a few pounds from all this.

In spite of moving, I did take some time out to enjoy a trip to Del Mar that Speaker arranged. As he described, the drive that day was a horrid. I already knew I wasn't gonna make it on time. But I was determined to enjoy a little reprive from the nightmare move. Fortunately, I had a blogger pal to keep me company via phone on the drive, so it kept me from going bonkers.

I made it to the track with just enough time to bet on the 8th race. With only 3 races to bet on, I decided to up my usually bets. I picked the horse for a win. And bet $10 accross. Then bet couple the horse in 2 quinella's for $2 each. My horse ended up coming in 2nd place and paid $6.60 for 2nd. So I started with a small profit.

I called Speaker and finally made it to the seats. Mr. Huge Junk was there and I must admit he was pretty yummy looking (and no I did not confirm his Junk status)...but perhaps I should have made a bid on that auction offering...

Rini and Blinders were really friendly and I had a very nice time chatting with them.

For the 9th race, I notice that the only 3 California horses (identified by a picture of a horse riding accross the state of California) were grouped together in the 4th, 5th, and 6th spots. None were long shots. And one was a favorite. It felt right. I liked the 5th Horse for the win. Then I double checked to see if Mr. Huge Junk was betting on any of these. I made a joke out of not wanting to bet on the same horses as he bet. The coast was clear, he didn't bet on any of my horses. So I bet $10 accross again on my winner pick, 2 quinellas (but this time for $5 a pop), and then I decided to add a $2 trifecta box for a total of $12. It was total sweetness when the horses finished 5, 4, 6. My first trifecta win ever for a payout of 491!!! Mr. Huge Junk suggested that I cash out before I lose my ticket, so I followed his advise and when all the tickets were cashed, I ended up with about $660 in profit for 2 races.

By now a couple of the guys thought I might be on to something. So I looked over the horses for the 10th race. I noticed that a horse going off at 8 to 1 was being ridden by the 4th best jockey on the stat chart. I like a good value bet. Not a big fan of betting on favorites. Binders went with my suggestion. I placed a bet of $5 accross on this horse along with a 5 exacta box. Then I told Mr. Junk that I would place a bet for him too since he gave me the tip (i.e. which horses not to bet in the 9th). I bet $2 accross for him and a $2 Quinella. The horses I picked ended up in 2nd and 3rd. We still made money on the accross bet since the horse paid $11 for 2nd. I made about $20 profit that race. And Mr. Junk cashed his ticket for $18.

It was a short but enjoyable experience. Thanks Speaker!!!!

One of the things I am really bad at is finding my way to places. I'm terrible. I got lost on the way to Pechanga and by the time I finally got there, Speaker and Mr. Junk were already gone. So with money to burn and no one to socialize with..I managed to lose alllllllllllllllllllllll of the money I won at the track.

I have more to share...but it's 1:30 a.m. and I need sleep...

P.S....I'm lying here in my new bed in my black silky night gown feeling sexy and wonderful..I think I'm gonna have sweet dreams tonight..

5 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Glad you and the wee ones are settling in ok V.

Great going at the races btw!

slb159 said...

Nice emphasis on the winnings at the track. Then only one sentence on how you bombed it all back. Nice cover-up.
Just kidding.
Always glad to keep you company during those long drives.
"I'm always late for everything"
Funnee.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks Acorn.

Steve..You got me..perhaps I will give the details of the way I bombed it all....

iamhoff said...

Congrats on getting the move done! Nothing like a new environment free of evil influences to allow you to feel comfortable and secure...in your black silky nightie *drools*.

Wish circumstances would've allowed me to join in teh fun. You were literally less than 10 miles from Casa de Hoff, but this laid off thing really bites into the gambling fund. Oh well. Next time, baby!

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Iamoff...I got you to drool?...lol..cool! And only 10 min away...oh boy...