Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Battle of the Bloggers

I had my first headsup match last night with TrumpJosh. My first mistake was accidently picking a limit table. But dispite that error, it was a good match...Josh ended up with the victory. Congrats! Definitely fun for $5 bucks...Josh..you owe me a rematch on a NL table..lol

Then I played a NL sng for $12 and came in 1st place...wooo hooo. So ended up $30 up for the night. Hey, it's a start in the right direction at least.

I did purchase some poker books and have started reading Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones (Poker Stars - Poker Room Manager). Determined to improve my limit game skills.

For now I am sticking with what I know best. No Limit SnGs and cash games. And when the time is right, I will venture down the limit game path again.

Good luck all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested to see a review of those books you are reading. Let us know what you think!

I did not know you liked HU matches. We should give it a try see who comes out ahead.

Jordan said...

I think we have two additional contestants for the 2nd Heads Up Challenge...where bloggers compete for the ultimate supremacy! Hey Veneno, I'm adding you to my links. I like what you are doing. Keep it up. And if you are thinking about switching to limit, check out the Limit Challenge Rules link on the right of my page. It'll lay out what stakes to play depending on your bankroll. I got it from DNasty who got it from DoubleAs. It's helped me a lot.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey Kip..

HU challenge? Bring it on...lol

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Highonpoker..

Cool..what do I need to do to be part of this HU Challenge?

Thanks for the positive feedback and link. Appreciated!!

I will definintely check out the information regarding Limit holdem. I am not giving up. Thanks for the advise.