Friday, October 28, 2005

Heads Up Baby!!!

Sometimes you are HOT and sometimes you are not! Veneno finally got HOT..not that I won any big bucks mind you..but it sure felt gooooooooooood.

I think I found my niche. No Limit Heads Up Baby. That is my new specialty. Since the next round of the HUC is coming, I decided to warm up with a few HU matches. First I played a few blogger buddies, 3 to be exact, and ended up winning 3 out of 4 matches. Since that went so well..I played a couple of strangers and won 2 out of 3 of them. One guys was a total maniac..when all in in 3 of the first 5 hands..I knew he was gonna pay me...just a matter of time. Not too shabby..overall 5 wins and 2 losses and had a great time.

Then I played a SnG on Party with Davee and came in 2nd place. Once I was in the money as the short stack, one of the players kept raising to steal my blinds. So I decided next bb I was all in on anything. I won with T4o. So he types "what"...lol...I reply, "Stop messing with my blinds"..the next hand..I have pocket rockets..min raise..he calls..AA on the flop..QUAD ROCKETS..WOO HOO...I check the flop..he bets..I call..I bet the turn..he raises..I push..unfortunately, he finally got wise and folded..but it took him a few minutes.

All in all..an excellent night of poker..roll moving up gradually..I will still be stuck playing the lower limits for a while..but at least I am heading in the right direction.

My HUC match will be tomorrow at 8 p.m. PST. Can't wait!!!

Lastly, Sirfwalgman has been providing some excellent poker content on his blog...I mean really good stuff..especially liked the following:

"Poker works in weird and mysterious ways. Sort of like women. One day it makes you so happy you can not stand it, and the next day it crushes you like an insect. You can go a week, a month, a year and win like crazy and then all of the sudden you go cold for a week or a month. It is in the nature of the margins Poker players grind out. The good players, the ones who survive and make a living at it, these guys understand that. They take the long term picture. They know that eventually the cosmos will align again and they will start winning."

We have our dry spells, myself included. And I agree that keeping the "long term picture" in mind can help you make it through those periods.

Good luck all....

Oh..add one more HU win against another blogger..to cap the evening off quite nicely..

1 comment:

Littleacornman said...

Veneno are you free for a wee $5 sng mini bloggers tourney at Royal Vegas? 10 pm Uk time.If you bump into Sir please ask him along for the ride.That would be a treat :-)


Our clocks go back Sunday so if you can make it ( man this sounds like a kids party invite!) this site may help.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

$10 free for signing up at RV.

It would be Heads Up Baby at the end!

cheers,
Acornman